Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Foundations Course Takeaway

What a fun introductory course to occupational therapy school. I really enjoyed this course because coming in I obviously thought I knew what OT was. However, through this course my understanding of OT and the field in general has grown exponentially. I really like how we started the course looking at it from a broad perspective, the history and the foundation of the field. As it went on we got more specific, adding theories and the OT process. This helped to ease me into graduate school and my understanding of OT. I enjoyed the open dialogue of this course and how it was comfortable to give an opinion and speak out or it was comfortable to sit back and listen to classmates. I liked the exam formatting for this course as well, as we didn't have to rely only on our multiple choice test taking skills. The short answers really gave me a chance to reflect and show what I know! I am excited for the class next year, as I think our class made great recommendations for this course. I can't believe I have finished my 3rd OT class! I will always remember this course as I continue my journey to an occupational therapist. 

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for the feedback, Rachel - you and your classmates are already helping to shape the profession through your insights and efforts.

    ReplyDelete