Tuesday, April 18, 2017

(4) Clinical Reasoning

In class today we discussed the topic of clinical reasoning. I feel like, especially as a student, this is something we have all thought about before. I have always worried if I would become a "natural" when it came to occupational therapy, and I feel like clinical reasoning is a big key to this. When getting my observation hours before graduate school I got to spend time with a lot of OT's, both seasoned and new to the profession. While the seasoned vets seemed to definitely have more experience with clinical reasoning, the newer OT's were still impressive. The whole time I am thinking "HOW do they know how to do this".

After todays Foundations course I feel much more at ease. I know that "embracing the gray" is ok and often the best learning tool. I know that there are three different elements that play into clinical reasoning: scientific, ethical, and artistic. I also know that there are many types of clinical reasoning that can be useful in an array of different situations.

No comments:

Post a Comment