Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Response to "A Given Perspective"

I am responding to the blog "A Given Perspective" which can be found at this web address: http://justmycurrentperspective.blogspot.com/p/read-blog.html

Through this emotional blog I found nothing but motivation for my future. Motivation to be the best occupational therapist I could be, the best caregiver, the best daughter, and more. As an OT student I found this an appropriate time to learn from this series of blog posts. Right now I am a sponge in the OT world just starting to soak up all of the knowledge I can, and boy did this make me want to be as prepared as possible. I do not ever want to let my clients or their care givers down.

After only a few months of OT school I have learned the importance of goals. However, this blog really gave perspective as to what the lack of a clarified goal can do to a patients motivation. I hope to develop my skills and be able to provide individualized treatment plans to my clients in order to keep them engaged. I also hope to always be able to relate treatment back to a common goal for both the client and caregivers.

1 comment: